===1===
Rumo(u)r has it that…据说……;人们都说……
例:
Rumor has it that Andy is a nice guy.人们都说安迪是个棒小伙。
Rumor has it that he is a rather difficult sound engineer.人们都说那个录音师很难相处.
Rumour has it that Jean’s getting married again.人们都说吉恩又要结婚了。
Rumors have it that there will be a change in the Cabinet.谣传内阁将改组。
Rumour has it that he is going to resign.据说他将辞职。
===2===
(1)Oh,Come on!说明:用强调的语气时,表示不相信。用平白的语调时,表示快点。连续说两遍的时候,表示加油。
例:
Oh,come on,you can do better than that.(不相信)
Come on,let’s get started.(快点)
(2)play chicken错开(快碰撞时)
When you drive you’d better not play chicken with bigger cars.你开车的时候避开大车
(3)Don’t be a baby!不要发牢骚不要抱怨。
Don’t be a baby.Go talk to your boss.He’s such a baby!总发牢骚的人。
===3===
(1)You just can’t get over…(you can’t forget…)很难忘记……
例:
The French soccer fans can’t get over the World Cup 2002.
(法国的球迷很难从2002年世界杯中的失利的阴影中走出
来。)
I just cannot get over Liz.我就是忘不了Liz.
(2)dwell on:stop thinking about…不要再想……
例:
We shouldn’t dwell on someone’s past.我们不该总抓住一个人的过去不放。
Hey,Henny.It’s been five years since you lost the car,youshouldn’t dwell on this forever.
===4===
(1)Take your pick随你挑
We have enough money to buy any DVD player this store has so take your pick.因为我们钱很多所以我们可以挑任意一个DVD。
(2)It’s up to you.由你来决定,由你说了算!
You can study English or Spanish.It’s up to you.You can have any sweater you want.It’s up to you.The color’s up to you.你想穿什么毛衣,你自己定,颜色由你来选。
好了,今天小编的俚语分享也暂告一段落,希望大家都能从此处有所收获!